Congressman Denver Riggleman: 10 Reasons to Vote Against House Democrats Liberal Wish List
Washington, D.C.-Congressman Denver Riggleman is announcing 10 reasons he opposes House Democrats’ $3,000,000,000,000 liberal grab bag that is expected to be voted on in the House on Friday.
The liberal wish list would:
1. Federalize elections by including stringent mandates on how states must run elections, including early voting, no ID requirement for in-person voting, and mandatory same-day registration. All while allowing for unlimited ballot harvesting.
2. Allow illegal immigrants to receive direct stimulus payments.
3. Provide a tax break for millionaires and billionaires by repealing the State and Local Tax Credit limitations for 2020 and 2021.
4. Use taxpayer dollars to bail out failing multi-employer pension plans while failing to include any needed reforms to fix the problem.
5. Impose a one-size-fits-all OSHA rule on all employers, which is counterproductive given the ever-changing circumstances created by COVID-19. This will add red tape and hurt workers.
6. Expand Obamacare, a proposal that has already been rejected by President Trump.
7. Use taxpayer dollars to bail out public and private student loans.
8. Provide work authorization for illegal aliens working in jobs that could be held by out of work Americans.
9. Mandate a blanket release for certain covered federal prisoners and alleged criminals.
10. Boost the payout of unemployment insurance through March of 2021, force businesses to compete with unemployment insurance for workers.
"Thousands of Americans have lost their lives due to the COVID-19 virus and millions are now out of work. Speaker Pelosi and House Democrats have proposed a liberal wish list of policy priorities that has no chance of becoming law,” said Congressman Riggleman. “We need to be working for the American people, not furthering a partisan agenda."